Welcome to the first issue of 2009, including:
- a K-12 initiative with the Montana Natural History Center (Sam Stier)
- an update on the Nature's 100 Best project with three examples (Vaccines Without Refrigeration, Anti-Bacterial Strategies, Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells)
- The Lessons of Gaviotas, another Nature's 100 Best example
- an informal project on ways to advance the field of biomimicry, with summaries of three published papers
- a reminder of the April 2009 Biomimicry and Design workshop
- the poster for the Ask the Planet CD
- a newsletter reader survey
E-mail addresses in the newsletter are 'hidden' - see 2007/03/26 update in Hints and Tips about contacting any of the authors. All links in the PDF file have been tested - See 2006/03/27 update on getting rid of the Adobe Reader Block/Allow messages.
If you have any comments or problems downloading/reading the newsletter, please send me a note using the e-mail link near the top of the right navigator.